Friday, April 2, 2010

Not Your Average...

Hi,
I believe that there are things in life which are too coincidental to be coincidences. I also believe that all of the different aspects of a person's life tend to be 'tied' together in some way. Let me give you an example of these.
About two years ago, I became an avid fan of a Korean pop singer named Ko Yu-Jin. I loved to hear him sing so much, I wanted to try to learn Korean just so I would be able to understand the lyrics of the songs I heard him sing. I had such an overwhelming desire to do this thing that I felt there must be some other, more important reason for wanting to learn the Korean language; I just didn't know what that reason was.
In the fall of 2009, I started attending classes at a local junior college, and I met a young lady there who was an exchange student from Korea. I had learned quite a few Korean words, and the lyrics to a couple of pop songs by then, and I was able to sing to her in Korean. The girl was so happy because she said, in very good English,
"Oh, it's so nice to hear my own language!"
It was then that I knew the real purpose for my desire to learn Korean; I was supposed to help this sweet girl, who had been in America for three-and-a-half years, not to feel so homesick for her own country.We are now good friends. She helps me with my Korean and I help her with her English.
I feel there are things in this world which are meant to happen, and that we should always look for these 'ties' which bind the fabric of our lives together in ways that it should be connected. I know I am always open to these experiences and that they have made my life richer by helping me view all of the different parts of my existence as one whole picture.
Thank you. A

No comments:

Post a Comment